For the second year in row
The United Bank is awarded with “The Most Sustainable Islamic Bank 2023 from The Global Economist
Ashraf El Kady- Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, The United Bank
- UB strategy adopts the 17 United Nations sustainable development goals.
- UB has a unique school in Islamic transactions.
- 4 basics for the applications of the Islamic transactions sustainability criteria: investment solutions for individuals and corporates, banking transactions, digital services, societal development applications.
- The client’s raised financial awareness stimulates the banks to apply the latest quality and sustainability criteria.
Cairo: 17th of January 2024
The Global Economist – The British Media Institute awarded The United Bank with “The Most Sustainable Islamic Bank” for year 2023. The choice was according to 4 fundamental applications and criteria. The senior committee of the award, that compromise international expertise in banking solutions, Islamic banking solutions and sustainability applications:
- Innovating attractive investment for investors, for either individuals or corporates. The thing that contributes to sustainable the financial return for clients and the society in general and sustainable positive impact on the upcoming generations.
- Launching a set of banking solutions specialized in Islamic transactions that suit the clients’ present and future requirements.
- Providing a set of digital banking services 24/7 for both individual and organizations.
- Moreover, it contributes to spreading awareness of financial culture, expanding financial inclusion base, and improving the whole climate by reducing carbon emissions.
- Applying the 17 UN goals for societal sustainable development as a primary role of UB strategy.
Commenting on UB latest award “The Most Sustainable Islamic Bank” 2023, Ashraf El Kady- CEO and Managing Director of The United Bank, stated that this award puts UB and its products specially those compliant with sharia provisions in a very distinctive place in the Egyptian market and the Middle East region. Moreover, the award assures UB’s high professionalism in managing the system of the Islamic banking services and solutions.
UB has a strategy based on continual hard work and research for the best financial, banking, investment, and finance solutions that suit the clients and give them the opportunity of safe investment that is compliant with sharia provisions in the same time. In addition to, complying to the best sustainable banking practices.
El Kady praised the important role conducted by UB sharia board, which compromises senior Muslim scholars who have in-depth experience and specialization in legal, financial and banking matters. Chairman of Sharia Board – The former Grand Mufti of Egypt and a Senior Scholars Council Member. The Shariaa Supervisory board provides consultations in all banking transactions executed by the bank in order to ensure that all transactions comply with Shariaa rulings, fatwas and recommendations.